Attention TV lovers: C Spire TV is coming and it’s going to be awesome. How do we know? Because it’s being designed and developed from the ground up based upon feedback and input from you, our customers.
And although we’re in the early stages of development, we wanted to share a little bit about some of the aspects of the new service that we find most exciting.
No More Set Top Boxes
That’s right. That black piece of hardware that you rent and place in every room you want to watch TV in? You can kiss that thing goodbye.
C Spire TV will eliminate the need for a traditional set top box. Instead, the C Spire TV experience will run on will run on today’s most popular streaming media players like Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Roku and more. We’re taking the pay tv features you love and putting them into an app that will run on the devices you already have in your home. What’s not to love about that?
So that’s the first really big change that C Spire TV is bringing to the table — the elimination of traditional set top boxes and all the headaches that come with them.
Skinny Channel Packs
We know many of you are just sick and tired of paying for a ton of channels you never watch. Well C Spire TV has the answer with our innovative Skinny Packs. Skinny Pack customers will subscribe to a base package of core channels including locals and many of your cable TV favorites. Additional Skinny Packs will be available in packages of 5-10 channels organized into genres such as movies, lifestyle, music & trends, documentary, news, etc.
And for those that enjoy the value that comes with bulk purchases, we’re still planning to offer our Standard and Expanded packages which channel for channel will continue to deliver the most bang for your buck.
We’ll provide more info on Skinny Pack specifics as we get closer to launch.
TV On The Devices You Love Most
As we mentioned above, C Spire TV is being built to run on today’s most popular streaming media devices like Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV and Roku. But that’s not the only way you’ll be able to watch C Spire TV. We’ve listened and know that more and more of our customers are watching more and more TV on a wide variety of devices. So we’re building C Spire TV to run across a huge assortment of platforms including:
- Streaming Devices: Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV (tvOS), Roku, Chromecast
- Smartphones & Tablets: iOS and Android
- PC & MAC laptops / desktop computers
- Smart TV’s – Android TV and Roku TV models (various manufacturers).
No Compromise, Fully Featured TV
In designing and developing C Spire TV, we’re putting our customers at the center of our focus. What does this mean? It means we’re taking all the things you love about traditional pay tv, and we’re combining those with the amazing search, discovery, and the personalization you’ve grown to love from services like Netflix and Amazon Prime Video.
And unlike a lot of the cord-cutter focused options available today, C Spire TV won’t be cutting corners by eliminating local channels, DVR functionality or whole families of networks!
Here are some of the main features you can expect:
- Live TV – Pause, rewind, fast forward to your hearts content, just like you can do today with your traditional set top box.
- Locals – We’ll be carrying each and every local channel available to you today on C Spire TV
- Cloud DVR – Record multiple shows at once and store them in the cloud for viewing at your convenience.
- Video on Demand – watch tons of free TV episodes and rent the latest Hollywood hits often weeks before they’re available on Netflix or Redbox!
- Catch Up TV – Miss a favorite show or forgot to set your DVR? Catch Up TV will enable you to watch up to seven previous days of a channel’s programming on those networks that permit this feature.
- TV Everywhere Access – Your subscription will entitle you to access network developed apps like Watch ESPN, Fox News, CNN, HGTV, HBO GO and more.
More to Come
In the coming weeks we’ll begin revealing more and more about this exciting new product as well as provide some insight on when you can expect to be able to subscribe!
Questions? Leave us your comments or questions below and we’ll be happy to provide additional info and details as needed.