In 1959 Walt Disney unleashed The Shaggy Dog on America and the Human-Animal ‘Body Swap‘ trope was born. The formula calls for one or more characters to swap bodies with an animal. And when you have a well known actor swap bodies with a pet, you can be guaranteed two things.
- A film which can be marketed to both kids and adults ensuring as wide a possible audience as possible.
- Laughs like you’ve never seen before.
Nine Lives puts these theories to the test with gritty and determined performances by two Oscar winners, Kevin Spacey and Christopher Walken. Mix in the miracle of modern CGI you’ll probaby find yourself slipping into a dream-state where you honestly believe Kevin Spacey is a cat. Seriously!
Film Synopsis: Tom Brand (Oscar winner Kevin Spacey) is a billionaire whose workaholic lifestyle takes him away from his loving wife Lara and adorable daughter Rebecca. Needing a present for Rebecca’s 11th birthday, Brand buys a seemingly harmless cat from a mysterious pet store. Suddenly, a bizarre turn of events traps poor Tom inside the animal’s body. The owner of the business tells him that he has one week to reconnect with his family, or live out the rest of his days as a cute and furry feline named Mr. Fuzzypants.
Nine Lives Cast:
- Kevin Spacey as Tom Brand, a tycoon and owner of FireBrand who ends up in the body of a cat.
- Jennifer Garner as Lara Brand, Tom’s second wife.
- Cheryl Hines as Madison Camden, the ex-wife of Tom and the mother of David.
- Christopher Walken as Felix Perkins, the owner of an exotic pet store.
Nine Lives is rated PG for thematic elements, language and some rude humor