This article provides instructions on how to modify basic Wifi settings such as the Network Name (SSID) and Wifi Network Key (password) for your C Spire provided Wifi Router.
Identify Your Wifi Router
C Spire provides several different types of Wifi Routers. So the first step is identifying which piece of equipment you have. Take a look at the photos below and then scroll down to the instructions that correspond with the Wifi Router that you have.
The Smart RG 400AC Wifi Router provides C Spire customers with the ability to sign in to a specially created device management portal / website. It is through this website that you will gain access to various settings screens which allow you to modify things like the Wifi Password.
- While connected to your home network, open a web browser on your computer or mobile device and go to the address: http://192.168.1.1
- Sign in to the C Spire Wifi Router Management website using your router sign in credentials.
- Click the WIFI link and then the 2.4Ghz Wireless link. Scroll down to the area titled “Primary SSID Configuration”
- Change the name of your 2.4Ghz network by modifying the value in the SSID field.
- Change the password to your 2.4Ghz network by modifying the KEY field.
- Repeat these steps for your 5Ghz Wireless and Guest Wireless networks.