Just in time for your Thanksgiving weekend, we’ve created a new curated list of some of our favorite Holiday season movies!
On your TV, access the list by navigating to the Movies page. And on mobile devices or on http://cspire.tv access the list right on the main Featured page.
Our Holiday Movie list includes both currently viewable On Demand as well as upcoming releases. And with our iPad, iPhone or Android apps, you can watch your holiday fav’s on almost any device you can think of! See, technology can make life better.
Think of the possibilities. If the family room is watching the big game and you’d prefer a little holiday movie action, you can retire to your own little nook with a cozy blanket and lose yourself in the warm, reassuring glow of Hallmark Channel magic.
Have a favorite Holiday film you don’t see in our list? Use the Search feature in the main menu, type a few characters, and we’ll start showing you results so you don’t have to spell out the whole title. Pretty cool huh?
NBC Sports has made the unfortunate decision to discontinue broadcasting Premiere League soccer matches as part of their NBC Sports channel offering. Instead, they have launched a direct-to-consumer online video service called NBC Sports Gold.
Consequently, we have removed the Premiere League channels from your lineup.
C Spire TV 1.2 delivers vast improvements in stability across all platforms and introduces support for Android and iOS smartphones / tablets and the latest streaming media players by Amazon and Apple.
Availability: This important app update is being rolled out to the C Spire TV subscriber base over the course of the next 48-72 hours.
» How do I update the free C Spire TV app?
Enjoy C Spire TV on Android smartphone or tablet. Enjoy access to live tv, on demand shows and movies, and watch your cloud DVR recordings on your iOS device running Android 7 and above.
Enjoy C Spire TV on your iPhone or iPad. Enjoy access to live tv, on demand shows and movies, and watch your cloud DVR recordings on your iOS device running iOS 10 and above.
Latest Streaming Media Players
C Spire TV 1.2 adds support for two newly released devices:
C Spire TV adds support for the Element Electronics line of Amazon Fire TV Edition 4K TV’s. These TV’s add Amazon Fire TV as the operating system.
Top Bug Fixes
C Spire TV 1.2 addresses a host of stability and performance issues.
Amazon Fire TV & Android TV
- Fixed: Resolved memory leak issue that caused slow, sluggish behavior, particularly on the Amazon Fire TV Stick (Gen 2) device.
- Fixed: Extremely slow app load time, particularly on Amazon Fire TV Stick (Gen 2)
- Fixed: Resolved channels freezing and crashing app.
- Fixed: Resolved app crashing while scrolling left/right in ‘Recently Watched’ row.
- Fixed: Resolved app crashing when making 60+ consecutive channel changes.
- Fixed: Movies now show ‘LIVE’ badges when live.
- Fixed: Resolved issue where grey tiles were loading in Recommendations under Shows and Movies.
- Fixed: Resolved issue where sports programs were not showing up under Recently Watched.
- Fixed: Resolved issue where programs playing in Guide In-Line player were being added to
- Fixed: Resolved intermittent issue where a black screen would be displayed w/ audio playing after numerous channel changes.
- Fixed: Seeking on a live program will show wrong thumbnail.
- Fixed: Resolved an issue where Apple TV would crash when not receiving response from servers in correct format.
- Fixed: Resolved an issue where the app would crash when trying to play some content from Recently Watched list.
- Fixed: Resolved an issue where some sports programs would not show up in Recently Watched row.
- Fixed: Resolved an issue where user would click a Featured Network and would not be taken to network child page.
- Fixed: Record button is not displayed even though series have recording enabled episodes
- Fixed: Resolved very slow load time for guide data despite excellent network connection.
- Fixed: Resolved an issue where show and movie thumbnails were pulling placeholder images instead of correct show / movie art.
We’re Customer Inspired
Have a suggestion or feedback? Please reach out and submit your idea on how to make C Spire TV better. Then take a moment to vote on other suggestions from fellow C Spire TV subscribers. Your participation will help us determine the next features we work on!
We’re in the final stages of developing and testing the next round of apps for the C Spire TV service. Here are some of the important elements you can expect from this next release.
Improving stability and removing bugs has been our primary focus this development cycle. Across all platforms, but especially on the Amazon Fire TV Stick, we’ve paid special attention to improving app loading times and improving overall app responsiveness.
New Mobile Experiences
We’re also excited to bring support for Android and Apple smartphones and tablets, allowing you to take your C Spire TV experience with you on the go.
So keep your eyes out later this week for important announcements concerning C Spire TV 1.2 app availability and a full list of improvements.
Watch or set your DVR for Wednesdays at 9pm on USA (Ch. 124).
Now in its third season, Mr. Robots depicts the life of one Elliot Alderson (Rami Malek), a cyber-security engineer who became involved in the underground hacker group “fsociety” after being recruited by their mysterious leader (Christian Slater), who he later discovered to be the projection of his dead father.
Following the events of fsociety’s five/nine hack on the multi-national company Evil Corp, Season 2 explored the consequences of the attack as well as the illusion of control.
Why it’s worth watching?
- Deftly weaves fictional plotlines with today’s cyber-security current events
NOTE: Mr. Robot includes some mature themes and really isn’t suited for kids.
Learn more about Mr. Robot:
#DEERWEEK is taking over Outdoor Channel (ch. 480) and Sportsman Channel (ch. 482) the week of October 15th.
The best of our deer programming will air in primetime from 7-12P ET each night. #DEERWEEK is hosted by our top talent Michael Waddell and Tom McMillan and will feature Facebook Live events and more!
We’re excited to announce a new home for CentricTV.com — BET Her! The content you love on CentricTV.com can now be found at BET Her.
ABOUT BET HER
BET HER is a multi-platform lifestyle brand designed to boldly celebrate the diverse and beautiful world of Black women. A 24-hour music and entertainment channel, BET HER has its finger on the pulse of an ever-changing beat and delivers compelling content that reflects, inspires and addresses the unique perspectives of Black women.
You’ll find shows like “Being,” “Take One,” plus even more original content!
BEING is a hit docuseries on BET Her, now in its sixth season. This season, BEING highlights six dynamic and resilient entertainers, including: Takema “Tiny” Harris, CeCe Winans, Chante’ Moore, Salli Richardson-Whitfield, Tracey Edmonds, and Trina, whose episode kicks off the season. Each artist gives Centric exclusive access to family, friends, and their intense schedules to illuminate what it’s like BEING in the spotlight and turning trials into triumph.
WE ARE THE JONESES shines a spotlight on the Joneses; an affluent African American family who run a multimillion-dollar cosmetic surgery practice that they built out of their brownstone in Harlem. Today, Lexington Plastic Surgeons (LPS) has clinics in New York, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., Atlanta and Miami.
HOW TO WATCH
BET Her is part of the Expanded pack on channel 818.
We’re excited to announce that the brand new Hallmark Drama channel is joining our Expanded Lineup starting October 1, 2017 on channel 911.
Featuring a wholly distinct lineup from Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, Hallmark Drama’s programming will evoke the rich legacy and spirit of Hallmark Hall of Fame, the most award-winning and longest-running primetime series in the history of television. In addition to spotlighting movies and series from Crown Media’s vast library of original dramatic content, plans are underway for new, original programming to be produced exclusively for the network.
Stay up to date with all things Hallmark Drama by giving them a follow on Twitter: https://twitter.com/HallmarkDrama
It is mankind’s eternal question: are we alone in the universe? Adventurer and explorer Josh Gates sets off on a 50,000-mile, multi-continent quest to find the answer in Travel Channel’s spellbinding four-week special event, Expedition Unknown: Hunt for Extraterrestrials, beginning Wednesday, October 4 at 9/8c. Gates’ out-of-this-world mission takes him on an epic journey across North America, South America, Africa and Europe, searching for evidence of life beyond our planet and the truth behind longstanding extraterrestrial legends.
Boldly going where no adventurer has gone before, Gates gains exclusive access to locations that may offer extraterrestrial evidence. He explores ancient signs of aliens in remote caves on Easter Island, tests futuristic deep-space telescopes in Chile’s Atacama Desert and hunts for meteorite fragments at a crash site in the wilderness of Zimbabwe. Gates also interviews eyewitnesses who claim to have irrefutable evidence of UFOs, goes behind the scenes at NASA’s mission control in Texas to connect with astronauts in orbit, travels to the 70th anniversary celebration of the Roswell Incident in New Mexico and hears the very latest from scientists who are bringing us closer than ever to answers.
Travel Channel (ch. 618) is part of C Spire TV‘s Standard Channel Package.
Here’s a rundown of when, where and on what channel some of Mississippi’s favorite football teams will be playing this weekend:
NCAA FOOTBALL – SATURDAY, SEP 8
UT Martin @ Ole Miss TV – SEC Network
Channel: SEC Network (220, 221, 222) or WatchESPN
Time: 11am Central
Mississippi State @ La Tech – CBS Sports Network
Channel: CBS Sports Network (254)
Time: 6:30pm Central
Package: Expanded (Call 855-438-1009 to upgrade)
Tennessee State @ Jackson State – ESPNU
Channel: ESPNU (25) or WatchESPN
Time: 6:30pm Central
NFL FOOTBALL – MONDAY, SEP 10
New Orleans Saints @ Minnesota Vikings – ESPN
Channel: ESPN (250)
Time: 6:10pm Central
Since the launch of Super HD TV in November of 2015, the C Spire My TV app enabled subscribers to use their smartphones and tablets to act as a remote control and manage their in-home DVR. Given our recent launch of a wholly new and improved C Spire TV streaming service, we’ve made the tough decision to cease ongoing development of the My TV app in favor of focusing our efforts on adding the features and functionality our customers want most.
Continue reading “C Spire My TV Sunset Announcement”
Don’t adjust your dials, the Sprout Network is becoming Universal Kids on September 9, 2017. And with the change brings an expanded lineup of programming aimed at not just preschool and kindergarten aged children but also pre-teens up to around age 12.
About Universal Kids:
Universal Kids is the network for kids 2-12 and their families that aims to widen eyes and opens minds, and reflect what is universal about being a kid. The network features a fresh mix of unscripted originals, DreamWorks animated series, live-action scripted entertainment and the Sprout preschool programming block. Available for kids and families across all platforms, including on air, online, On Demand and via mobile with the Universal Kids app.
Racing fans rejoice! Starting Saturday, September 2, 2017, MavTV (ch 280) is scheduled to launch its new series: Lucas Oil Speedway – Saturday Night Racing.
This new 11-week ‘all dirt’ taped series airing between September and December on MAVTV Motorsports Network. Series premiere is Saturday, Sept. 2, airing at 7:00pm CT.
The opening show features USRA (United States Racing Association) sanctioned Modifieds. Throughout the Series, viewers will get to watch multiple forms of dirt racing from multiple sanctioning bodies, including:
- United States Racing Association Modifieds
- Ozark Golf Cars
- United Late Model Racing Association (ULRA)
- Midwest Late Model Racing Association (MLRA)
- Monster Trucks.
Lucas Oil Speedway is one of the most well-known and highly regarded multi-sport racing facilities in the country. Known as the ‘Diamond of the Dirt Tracks,’ the Speedway is a 3/8 mile semi-banked oval located in Wheatland, Missouri with a rich history of grass roots racing,
Witness the super-fight that no one believed was possible when legendary undefeated world champion Floyd Mayweather battles UFC superstar Conor McGregor in the most anticipated sporting event of the year.
C Spire TV (Streaming)
C Spire TV subscribers can order and view the fight via UFC (available on multiple platforms) or using the Showtime PPV for Apple TV.
Super HD TV (Cable Box)
Order this event by tuning into channel 401 (for HD) or 400 (for SD) on the day of the event. Once tuned to the channel, follow the on screen menu to order.
C Spire TV’s latest version includes some awesome new features, improvements and important bug fixes. This update is currently available in the Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV (iTunes) and Google Play store. Learn how to update the free C Spire TV app.
For a full list of new features and bug fixes, please refer to the online C Spire TV Userguide
Top New Features
- Recent List – New for version 1.1 is the Recent List which gives you quick access to all the live, recorded, on demand or replay tv shows and movies you’ve been watching.
- Series Recordings (Multiple Improvements) – When setting a series recording for a series that plays on multiple channels (like CSI Miami or Friends), you will now be able to select which networks you would like to record from.
- See All on Featured Rows – On Shows and Movies pages, there is now a link at the end of each row that will take you to a new page with all shows or movies that match the row’s genre.
- Improved Recordings Discovery – Shows page now groups episode recordings into series tiles.
- Record Dialogue – Made it easier to understand how to set Cloud DVR to record single episode vs. all episodes.
Top New Bug Fixes
- Implemented better retry logic across app that is greatly minimizing occurrence of ‘net003’ and ‘net008’ errors.
- Fixed: When seeking forward or backward on a show, app would display ‘net003’ error.
- Fixed: When holding down right or left arrow while playing live content, app would crash and present ‘net003’ error.
- Display progress bar on content posters for completely watched VOD, Replay TV, and Recordings
- UI enhancements to Recently Watched module
We Want Your Feedback
C Spire TV has been crafted from the ground up based on the input from you, our amazing C Spire customers. And we want to be sure that you continue to play a major part in setting the direction of this product.
So if you have a suggestion or feedback that you think will make C Spire TV even better, we’d love for you to add your suggestion to our dedicated product feedback forum at the following address: http://cspiretv.uservoice.com.