Starting today, C Spire TV subscribers will begin receiving an app update that includes some great new accessibility features that provides a way for you navigate the app, its menus and program guide using your voice.
Tag: C Spire TV App
We’ve had a few customers call in or utilize on online product feedback / suggestion forum about Replay TV and Start Over features. This post is meant to help provide some detail about the features and why there seems to be an inconsistent ability to utilize these features across networks and programming.
Why aren’t all channels available via Replay TV?
The reason not all channels are available via Replay TV is that not all networks grant us the right to offer what is called ‘Look Back’ in the TV industry. The TV Networks (ABC, TBS, ESPN, etc.) tell C Spire if we can record their content automatically and allow our customers to view previously aired shows.
And to take this a step further, even for a network that regularly allows for Replay TV content, there can be individual shows that they say can not be included.
To get a better sense of what channels allow Replay TV and which channels do not, please refer to our online channel lineup.
Why don’t all shows have Start Over feature?
The reason not all shows allow you to rewind to the beginning is that not all networks grant us the right to offer this feature. TV Networks tell C Spire which shows and channels can have this feature and we simply enforce the rights that we are given.
We’ve published the v1.4.27 update to the C Spire TV app for Amazon Fire TV to the Amazon Fire App Store. This app update includes various performance and stability improvements over the previous version. We recommend updating your app when prompted.
Amazon Fire TV App Update Notifications
Amazon has made some changes to the way they are handling app updates on the Amazon Fire TV platform. Previously, Amazon Fire TV would update apps in the background. However, we’ve encountered a new behavior where the platform is now prompting users to update as part of the app launch sequence.
So even if you have your apps set to update automatically, you will likely get a notification asking you to update your app.
The update takes just a few seconds and you will be up and running with a version that is more performant and stable!
Great news for our Apple TV subscribers! We’ve just released a new build (v1.4) that addresses a number of pesky stability and performance issues including the following important fixes.
- Fixed: Inability to change channels left/right while guide still loading
- Fixed: staying on pause over 1 hour would give ‘Beep Boop…” error
- Fixed: Series recording button does nothing when there are no upcoming shows.
- Fixed: Inconsistent behavior for ‘Stop Recording’ button from different screens.
- Fixed: Inconsistent loading of EPG elements when fast scrolling up/down or left/right through the electronic programming guide.
- Fixed: UI issues with tvOS 11 including misc grey/black bar at top of screen and various screens with extra padding.
- Fixed: Search query having unreliability when only using a few characters
Just in time for your Thanksgiving weekend, we’ve created a new curated list of some of our favorite Holiday season movies!
On your TV, access the list by navigating to the Movies page. And on mobile devices or on http://cspire.tv access the list right on the main Featured page.
Our Holiday Movie list includes both currently viewable On Demand as well as upcoming releases. And with our iPad, iPhone or Android apps, you can watch your holiday fav’s on almost any device you can think of! See, technology can make life better.
Think of the possibilities. If the family room is watching the big game and you’d prefer a little holiday movie action, you can retire to your own little nook with a cozy blanket and lose yourself in the warm, reassuring glow of Hallmark Channel magic.
Have a favorite Holiday film you don’t see in our list? Use the Search feature in the main menu, type a few characters, and we’ll start showing you results so you don’t have to spell out the whole title. Pretty cool huh?
C Spire TV 1.2 delivers vast improvements in stability across all platforms and introduces support for Android and iOS smartphones / tablets and the latest streaming media players by Amazon and Apple.
Availability: This important app update is being rolled out to the C Spire TV subscriber base over the course of the next 48-72 hours.
Enjoy C Spire TV on Android smartphone or tablet. Enjoy access to live tv, on demand shows and movies, and watch your cloud DVR recordings on your iOS device running Android 7 and above.
Enjoy C Spire TV on your iPhone or iPad. Enjoy access to live tv, on demand shows and movies, and watch your cloud DVR recordings on your iOS device running iOS 10 and above.
Latest Streaming Media Players
C Spire TV 1.2 adds support for two newly released devices:
C Spire TV adds support for the Element Electronics line of Amazon Fire TV Edition 4K TV’s. These TV’s add Amazon Fire TV as the operating system.
Top Bug Fixes
C Spire TV 1.2 addresses a host of stability and performance issues.
Amazon Fire TV & Android TV
- Fixed: Resolved memory leak issue that caused slow, sluggish behavior, particularly on the Amazon Fire TV Stick (Gen 2) device.
- Fixed: Extremely slow app load time, particularly on Amazon Fire TV Stick (Gen 2)
- Fixed: Resolved channels freezing and crashing app.
- Fixed: Resolved app crashing while scrolling left/right in ‘Recently Watched’ row.
- Fixed: Resolved app crashing when making 60+ consecutive channel changes.
- Fixed: Movies now show ‘LIVE’ badges when live.
- Fixed: Resolved issue where grey tiles were loading in Recommendations under Shows and Movies.
- Fixed: Resolved issue where sports programs were not showing up under Recently Watched.
- Fixed: Resolved issue where programs playing in Guide In-Line player were being added to
- Fixed: Resolved intermittent issue where a black screen would be displayed w/ audio playing after numerous channel changes.
- Fixed: Seeking on a live program will show wrong thumbnail.
- Fixed: Resolved an issue where Apple TV would crash when not receiving response from servers in correct format.
- Fixed: Resolved an issue where the app would crash when trying to play some content from Recently Watched list.
- Fixed: Resolved an issue where some sports programs would not show up in Recently Watched row.
- Fixed: Resolved an issue where user would click a Featured Network and would not be taken to network child page.
- Fixed: Record button is not displayed even though series have recording enabled episodes
- Fixed: Resolved very slow load time for guide data despite excellent network connection.
- Fixed: Resolved an issue where show and movie thumbnails were pulling placeholder images instead of correct show / movie art.
We’re Customer Inspired
Have a suggestion or feedback? Please reach out and submit your idea on how to make C Spire TV better. Then take a moment to vote on other suggestions from fellow C Spire TV subscribers. Your participation will help us determine the next features we work on!
We’re in the final stages of developing and testing the next round of apps for the C Spire TV service. Here are some of the important elements you can expect from this next release.
Improving stability and removing bugs has been our primary focus this development cycle. Across all platforms, but especially on the Amazon Fire TV Stick, we’ve paid special attention to improving app loading times and improving overall app responsiveness.
New Mobile Experiences
We’re also excited to bring support for Android and Apple smartphones and tablets, allowing you to take your C Spire TV experience with you on the go.
So keep your eyes out later this week for important announcements concerning C Spire TV 1.2 app availability and a full list of improvements.
C Spire TV’s latest version includes some awesome new features, improvements and important bug fixes. This update is currently available in the Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV (iTunes) and Google Play store. Learn how to update the free C Spire TV app.
For a full list of new features and bug fixes, please refer to the online C Spire TV Userguide
Top New Features
- Recent List – New for version 1.1 is the Recent List which gives you quick access to all the live, recorded, on demand or replay tv shows and movies you’ve been watching.
- Series Recordings (Multiple Improvements) – When setting a series recording for a series that plays on multiple channels (like CSI Miami or Friends), you will now be able to select which networks you would like to record from.
- See All on Featured Rows – On Shows and Movies pages, there is now a link at the end of each row that will take you to a new page with all shows or movies that match the row’s genre.
- Improved Recordings Discovery – Shows page now groups episode recordings into series tiles.
- Record Dialogue – Made it easier to understand how to set Cloud DVR to record single episode vs. all episodes.
Top New Bug Fixes
- Implemented better retry logic across app that is greatly minimizing occurrence of ‘net003’ and ‘net008’ errors.
- Fixed: When seeking forward or backward on a show, app would display ‘net003’ error.
- Fixed: When holding down right or left arrow while playing live content, app would crash and present ‘net003’ error.
- Display progress bar on content posters for completely watched VOD, Replay TV, and Recordings
- UI enhancements to Recently Watched module
We Want Your Feedback
C Spire TV has been crafted from the ground up based on the input from you, our amazing C Spire customers. And we want to be sure that you continue to play a major part in setting the direction of this product.
So if you have a suggestion or feedback that you think will make C Spire TV even better, we’d love for you to add your suggestion to our dedicated product feedback forum at the following address: http://cspiretv.uservoice.com.
C Spire TV is barely a month old and we’re already prepping our next release! We believe that to be successful in an app-driven world, it’s critical we keep innovating and incorporating your feedback into the C Spire TV experience. And in C Spire TV v1.1, we’re adding some great new features that we believe add value to your subscription.
Top C Spire TV v1.1 Features
Recently Watched – Pressing down from the main nav to bring up a row of all recent channels, games, shows and movies you’ve been watching. Click right or left to cycle through recent tiles. Pause over a tile to see a live view of that channel (which we’ve found is great to see if a channel is in commercial or not!).
Improved Discovery Under Shows and Movies screens, genre based rows will now let you ‘View All.’ Clicking the View All button will take you to a screen which shows all titles that match the genre you’re looking for.
Cloud DVR Enhancements • New series recordings badge which let’s you easily see if the show you’re watching is a single recording or part of a series. • System will no longer record multiple versions of the same episode. • Record All dialogue makes it clear if you are recording just one episode or the whole series.
Want to influence what features we add next? Head on over to http://cspiretv.uservoice.com and leave us your feedback or suggestion!
*Restart (aka Start Over) available on an individual network and program basis as determined by network.
How do I get C Spire TV?
Today, C Spire TV is available exclusively to new and existing C Spire Fiber Internet (Gigabit) customers across Mississippi. To see if your home, condo or apartment is served by C Spire Fiber Internet, enter your address over on our main C Spire Fiber site.
Can I get C Spire TV if I don’t have C Spire Fiber Internet?
No, not yet.
How does this work?
C Spire TV is a fully-featured, streaming TV app that you download and install on today’s most popular streaming media devices like Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Nvidia Shield TV or Roku (in Beta). Instead of having to rent your cable box from C Spire, you now have the option to access your subscription TV service via an app that runs on your equipment.
How much does C Spire TV cost?
Content subscriptions start at $65/mo for the Standard pack which includes over 100 of today’s most popular cable networks and the live, local channels you love. Additional content packs are available $10-$20/mo depending on the networks included. Check out all the content packs and pricing.
How many Streams and hours of Cloud DVR do I get?
C Spire TV comes with one (1) Stream and 50 hours of Cloud DVR. This allows you to watch TV on one device at a time. Additional Streams and increments of 50 Cloud DVR hours are available together at only $5/mo. We recommend getting one stream for each member of your household. Check out the Streams & Cloud DVR knowledge base article for more info.
Does C Spire TV have my local channels?
Yep. We carry all major national broadcast affiliate channels in all the areas we service.
Can I watch TV outside of my house?
Totally! C Spire TV let’s you access network approved Cloud DVR recordings on the go. Your subscription also provides you with rights to access live and on demand content via network TV apps like WatchESPN, Watch HGTV, Bravo NOW, Fox News and dozens more.
Is Replay TV really as awesome as I’ve heard?
Yes. This feature is absolutely loved. It’s a real game changer. Most networks have given us the green light to offer up from 24 to 72 hours (3 days) of previously aired programing. And all this programing is available to you instantly from the C Spire TV app.
I already have C Spire Super HD TV. Can I upgrade?
You bet. Upgrading is easy. Give us a call at 855-438-1009 and speak to one of our awesome customer care team members, and they’ll get you set up in no time.
I already have C Spire Fiber Internet, but no TV. Can I add C Spire TV?
Yes. Simply sign in to your cspire.com fiber account and ‘Manage’ your services. This will provide you with a pathway to add C Spire TV to your already amazing C Spire Fiber Internet service.
Where can I give you my C Spire TV feedback and suggestions?
We built C Spire TV from the ground up based on a ton of feedback and direction from our customers. And we want to continue this trend. So if you have an idea of how to improve the C Spire TV experience, hit us up on our product feedback forum.
Where can I find help and support for C Spire TV?
It’s here. The day many have been waiting for. A day that is ushering in a new era. Helping change the way people like you access and gain even more enjoyment out of a form of entertainment that’s been stifled by proprietary cable boxes (and rental fees) for far too long.
C Spire TV is a free app* that runs on your favorite streaming media player. It sits right next to your Netflix, YouTube and Amazon Prime video apps. It instantly transforms your Apple TV or Amazon Fire TV device from a secondary source for entertainment into your home’s primary multimedia entertainment system.
C Spire TV expertly weaves together the things you love most about traditional cable or satellite TV with the immersive experiences you’ve grown to love from today’s most popular streaming TV subscriptions services. The result is a software-based TV platform that delivers a compelling new way to enjoy TV more than ever before.
Customer Inspired Features
C Spire TV is built to fit into your already blossoming streaming TV lifestyle. What better compliment to online hit series and movies than a full featured live TV. Some of the customer inspired features we’re most proud of include:
Live & Local: Enjoy your local favorites and national broadcast shows like never before. Bingeing shows. Replaying the big game. It’s more of what you love about TV. And less dead weight.
Replay TV**: C Spire TV has your back. You’ll never miss your favorite show or the game again because we store the last 72 hours in the cloud for instant access.
Cloud DVR: Record your shows and movies in the cloud. Access them from virtually any device from virtually anywhere with an internet connection.
Profiles & Recommendations: C Spire TV learns your preferences and suggests new shows and movies you’ll love. Set up profiles for the whole family so everyone gets a personalized, customer inspired experience.
Learn more about C Spire TV availability and pricing at http://cspire.com/cspiretv