In order for our kids to be able to take advantage of the internet, we need to be sure that they are prepared to make informed decisions. Google has created an interactive online game called Interland that allows kids to play and learn about internet safety at the same time.
Here are some of Google’s tips to stay safe online:
Smart – Share with Care
- Thoughtfully consider what you share and with whom
- Understand the consequences that come along with sharing
- Keep extra sensitive information to yourself
Alert – Don’t Fall for Fake
- Know how to tell the difference between what’s real and what’s fake
- Understand phishing and how to report it
- Spot the signs of a potential scam
Strong – Secure Your Secrets
- Take responsibility for protecting important information
- Craft a unique and memorable password
- Create a strong password by combining characters, numbers and symbols
Kind – It’s Cool to Be Kind
- Use the amplifying power of the internet to spread positivity
- Block mean-spirited or inappropriate behavior
- Speak up against bullying and report it every time
Brave – When in Doubt, Talk It Out
- Speak up when you notice inappropriate behavior
- Stand up when you see something you are not comfortable with
- Report when you witness people being treated poorly online
Be Internet Awesome
Don’t adjust your dials, the Sprout Network is becoming Universal Kids on September 9, 2017. And with the change brings an expanded lineup of programming aimed at not just preschool and kindergarten aged children but also pre-teens up to around age 12.
About Universal Kids:
Universal Kids is the network for kids 2-12 and their families that aims to widen eyes and opens minds, and reflect what is universal about being a kid. The network features a fresh mix of unscripted originals, DreamWorks animated series, live-action scripted entertainment and the Sprout preschool programming block. Available for kids and families across all platforms, including on air, online, On Demand and via mobile with the Universal Kids app.
Sing is a fun, family-friendly animated musical comedy film. It stars Matthew McConaughey, Reese Witherspoon, Seth MacFarlane, Scarlett Johansson, John C. Reilly, and Mel Gibson.
Film Synopsis: Dapper Koala Buster Moon presides over a once-grand theater that has fallen on hard times. An eternal optimist, and a bit of a scoundrel, he loves his theater above all and will do anything to preserve it. Facing the crumbling of his life’s ambition, he takes one final chance to restore his fading jewel to its former glory by producing the world’s greatest singing competition. Five contestants emerge: a mouse, a timid elephant, a pig, a gorilla and a punk-rock porcupine.
It’s natural to feel a little bit of a letdown after a big holiday weekend. And it’s not just adults that can have a little dip in their mood. Once that amazing toy looses a bit of its luster and the sugar-high from a stocking full of candy wears off, even the most upbeat kid can use a little pick-me-up in the form of a holiday movie!
In this post, we run down five of our favorite kid-friendly movies available on C Spire Fiber TV On Demand today!
Continue reading “Top 5 Kid-Friendly Movies for Winter Break”
Join Princess Elena as she swings into action and takes her rightful place as Crown Princess in the kingdom of Avalor! Step into an enchanted fairytale realm inspired by diverse Latin cultures and folklore where every story is bursting with music, magic and mystery.
With the help of her younger sister, Princess Isabel, her grandparents, Francisco and Luisa, and her friends by her side, Princess Elena will learn to boldly lead with bravery, courage and compassion.
Elena of Avalor is a Disney Channel production and airs on channel 550.